Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Getting Down To The Wire

Just a little recap of where we're at in the process.

We have a referral. We're in the process of updating our home study. We recently submitted our contract. Once the home study is updated, we'll submit our immigration paperwork. We're expecting our dossier checklist soon! Once the dossier (huge stack of paperwork that gets shipped off to Uganda) is on it's way, we expect to travel 6-9 months from that time.

So this is me.

Stacks of papers to fill out. Forms to photocopy. Questions to email. Phone calls to make. Dollars to raise.

Diapers to change. Lessons to teach. Homeschooling. Dishes. Laundry. Etc...

But it's all worth it. Each day, I grow more excited to meet my new daughter. Each day I am thankful for my kids at home.

And thankful for the warm sun when I take the kids outside to play.

And grateful that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, who knows and sees with compassion, all of our struggles.

I do worry. I try not to, but I am anxious for my girl, who seems so, so far away. I hope and pray that she is staying healthy. That she is full at the end of the day. That someone is showing her the care and love that she needs.

And I have what if moments. And they are scary.

In going over the more formal documents that we received last week, I realized that one application (immigration stuff) that has to be mailed ASAP includes a $720 fee. To be honest, I knew that this came somewhere in the process, but I wasn't sure when. The reason we need to get it in ASAP is because is takes 60-90 days to be fully processed. And we can't move forward with the final faze of adoption paperwork (dossier) till it's complete.

~~~~Please pray with us that we are able to raise the $1865 we will need, in about 3 weeks. That means we need to raise $621 per week till then.~~~~~

If we can get 27 more puzzle pieces sold, we will have reached out goal for the week!!!


Please pray with us that 27 hearts are touched.



No comments:

Post a Comment