Friday, April 10, 2015

Letting Go

"You've brought me to the end of myself
And this has been the longest road
Just when my hallelujah was tired
You gave me a new song

I'm letting go
I'm letting go
I'm letting go
Falling into You

I confess I still get scared sometimes
But perfect love comes rushing in
And all the lies that screamed inside go silent
The moment you begin

You remind me
Of things forgotten
You unwind me
Until I'm totally undone
And with Your arms around me
Fear was no match for Your love
Now You've won me"

Letting Go by Steffany Gretzinger

click here to see this excellent song!


This song is therapeutic to me today! We have journeyed through this adoption now for 420 days, and have reached the ocean, so to speak, with no boat. We're waiting for our ship to come in, but it's still nowhere in sight.

After waiting for over four weeks to hear something, I couldn't wait anymore, and emailed our agency. I was informed that the judge is now returned from leave. Please pray with us that she appoints a court date soon!

I have become pretty good at distracting myself. It is a unique kind of crazy, waiting for a child you dearly love, but not really having any idea when the day will come when you're actually allowed to go to her! We know that delay can come again at any time during this process. Something could come up and push this out further and further. We had allowed ourselves to start imagining our Easter celebration as a family of 6 in her country of origin...now we're just hoping we get a court date some time before the courts recess in August...hopefully well before, but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

When I am tempted to doubt, I am reminded that He has brought us this far. He is surely able to complete what He has begun. Each step that He had led us through has been miraculous. None of this could have been accomplished in human strength. Only by the will of the Father have we come this far. Only through His strength in us can we accomplish what we have set out to do. He loves our girl even more than we, or anyone else does!

He is the God who is able to perfectly complete...And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6

And, after all, there is no fear in love.

Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. 1 John 4:18

I am letting go. Not giving up, no, never. But I'm learning so much in this waiting. I'm falling into Him, more and more. Trusting it into His hands, over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment