Friday, March 8, 2013

Finally Finalized

On Monday, March 4th we were supposed to get a huge snow fall. We were also supposed to get a phone call at 8 a.m. from a Texas judge. Neither of these events took place when expected.

Early Monday morning I kept waking up and checking the time. I worried that I would "forget" and miss the phone call that would make my little boy mine forever. What a strange thing. I got up around 7:15 and fed the boys, so they would be content during our chat with the judge and attorneys.

At 7:45 I yelled for Dan to get up. It could be any minute now. 7:56...nothing. 8 on the dot...nothing. Should we call the attorney? I called them around 8:15, not open yet. AHH!!! Had they forgotten us? I hadn't heard from anyone at all in weeks. What if something had gone wrong?

8:30 Dan's cell rings, Texas number. It's them! We scurry up to our room and close the door, so we can hear. On speaker phone, we were told by a man with a slight Texas drawl to raise our right hand (!!!!) And, just like in marriage, we promised, among other things, to love Finneas Marvin forever. Saying these vows brought tears to my eyes. It's real, it's finally, fully, real!

The call lasted 3 minutes and 39 seconds, ending with a comparison on the days forecast in the two contrasting states.

We spend the late morning and early afternoon at the conservatory.



We so rarely get to go anywhere as a family, what with it being winter and trying to stay healthy, this was a rare and fun treat and the kids did great!



It's fun to have a place to go and forget that it's snowing. In March.

We spent the evening with family out to dinner. It was noisy, busy and fun.

In between, Dan and I had a meeting to review Finn's IFSP. He's still doing ok developmentally, but we're still watching him with great concern in a few areas. We decided that we're going to have a speech therapist come out and watch him eat, to see if there are any suggestions in strengthening his mouth, as this could affect his speech development. We're still working hard with his PT, and will be very relieved when he is walking. He probably wonders what all the fuss is about.

Our days are full. I love to watch the boys interract. They love playing together. And Finn watches Harry and immitates him. He's always just a short way behind in learning, and I just have to believe that God planned it to be just that way. They needed each other.

It's weird to not be in the midst of planning another adoption right now. When we finalized Harry we were already matched with Finn. What's nice is not being swamped with paperwork. But now, as we're finishing formula and bottle phase, we can't help but wonder what's next.

I can't hardly wait for Spring. I am just going crazy for sunshine and fresh air and open windows. What with the 8 inches or so of snow we finally got on Tuesday, I know we've got a ways to go before winter loses its icy grip on us. But it's coming, every days it's closer. Same goes for every other good thing the Lord has in store for us. For now, I am enjoying my three little blessings:)Aren't they cute?




No comments:

Post a Comment