Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We're Expecting...To Bring Home A Girl!

Hello Family and Friends,
We are thrilled to announce that our prayers for a 4th child have been answered! On February 14th I saw a photo of a little girl in Uganda. I wrote a letter to her orphanage and waited for 2.5 weeks to hear back. We were the only family inquiring, but they wanted to be very sure about us. When I saw the email in my inbox saying for me to call Allie, the Uganda adoption worker with CAS, my heart began pounding and I was literally shaking, not knowing what the news was going to be.

The call was brief but contained wonderful news. It's a girl!!!!

"A" is 3 years old. She's never really known what it's like to have a mama and daddy. She has sickle cell anemia, which makes her life harder, but not necessarily shorter. She looks like a sweet, darling little girl. I can't wait to meet her. I can't wait to be her mom.

As you can see, if you take a gander to the right, we have lots of work to do. We need some prayer warriors out there to take up our cause, because aside from a whole pile of money to raise, we have lots of paperwork to get through (I've done about 2-3 hours worth since we got the news....yesterday.) However, we are absolutely convinced that if this little girl is meant for our family, the Lord will show up in amazing ways, giving us strength for the journey and the keys we need to open each door. He is good, and He is great. We're praising Him for this hope-filled answer to prayer.


To make a donation that will go directly towards adoption fees and/or travel please click the donate button at the top right hand side of the page, or email me at chicamia84@msn.com.

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Gina! We are all so excited to see how the Lord works through all of this! Emily and I both asked our church friends to pray about Alma - I'm so excited to have FOUR nieces really soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, and yes, doubling the amount of nieces, so amazing:)

      Delete
  2. funny... just as I got to the part where it says... "isn't she precious"... I can hear the radio playing that same song from stevie wonder. will pass on the blogspot to friends and family...if it is meant to be... then God will provide. You and Dan are wonderful parents with plenty of love to share

    ReplyDelete