Monday, September 26, 2011

Quick Update

Baby I has been matched with another family. We just found out this morning. There are three situations in TX that we can be shown for, and our caseworker is going to be sending our info to an agency in Utah. Also, I did some research on my own and found a situation of a birth mom in Kansas that looks like a possibility (just waiting to hear from her caseworker) and also on a photolisting website, I found a baby girl that was just listed, and inquired about her (probably along with 45,000 other hopeful adoptive moms:))

In the meantime, we've finished yet another application for financial aid, I think this is our 6th that we've applied for and are also working on another one this week (that would be our 7th.) It's so great that there are so many foundations out there that want to help!

Through this process, I have learned that when you want something from God, a baby in our case, you don't whine and complain and act sorry for yourself. You present your request at the throne of Grace and then praise Him. If my daughter did that, I would never be able to refuse her anything!!! God is teaching me how to wait for the desires of my heart graciously, even when I feel like it's the most ridiculous thing to wait for, since all around the world children are suffering from the want of a parent or two. I do not understand, but I sing and wait. Psalm 71:14 "But as for me, I will hope continually, and will praise Thee yet more and more." Love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment